Saturday, October 9, 2010

Chapter 4- Stephanie Baldwin


Creative Connector
To be perfectly honest, I cannot find anything in this chapter that has connected to my life so far.  It is sort of unrealistic to think that I am going to connect with something the author says in every single chapter.  I have not had a professor whose passion for education has really impacted me.  I did not work with students on a side project that really benefited them greatly.  I have not gotten anyone famous to come speak for my students.  I just cannot relate to this chapter.

Essence Extractor
Making connections to students’ lives will benefit them greatly in the classroom.

           

2 comments:

  1. Stephanie- I understand that it is hard to connect with some experiences Mr. Michie has in each chapter. However, he did mention in the very beginning of Chapter 4, that he was juggling grad school with work and how this was challenging for him at times. However, he was able to apply what he was learning in grad school, to his classroom. Even if your not working right now, I'm sure you could relate to him going through grad school courses! All oif us pretty much mentioned this passage from the chapter and several others I just related to past student teaching experiences, that might also help. Just a thought:)-Rachel Mosher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I know I could have connected with him on that level but 1. he didn't really talk too much about it in the book so it seemed irrelevant and 2. everyone else pretty much covered that topic in their blogs. Sometimes I just feel that I would rather be honest about not being able to connect than struggle to make some stuff up.

    -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete