Thursday, October 21, 2010

Just a little something - Kathleen

HOW DID YOU LIKE THE LECTURE ON MONDAY!!!!
I thought it was cool to hear him speak, I wish he had done more of what he did at the end of his talk (good vs. great schools, and about education) rather than recount the book to us. I loved his good vs. great schools - and agree we live in a country of greatness, we want domination, and we want perfection, high scores and money. What we need to want is a good society one of equality, real learning and compassion. It may seem like a Hallmark card but I left that auditorium very empowered because someone was thinking the same way I was!

I had to leave before he had the panel with the Rochester Schools students - did anyone see how it went? What did they say? A cool idea right???
:)

2 comments:

  1. Kathleen - YAY!! I am glad you commented on this and we have an opportunity to discuss it here since we didn't have class tonight, I almost forgot about it! I actually saw you sitting in the row ahead of me but couldn't get your attention haha. I just absolutely love him!! Such a great speaker with such easy and such a passion for teaching. He spoke exactly how he writes and made me feel better over and over again with his comments about how he constantly feels like he failed as a teacher but would always be able to recall that one day that made it all worth while for him and kept him motivated to teach! I was sad that I had to leave early too because I had a class at 7 so I also missed the panel of Rochester City School students but I so would have loved to see that! Nice work Naz for thinking of that, what a great idea for the students and Greg Michie! Such a great presentation, I felt like he was a celeb in my mind since we have been reading his book! (and I secretly wish I had brought it with me for him to sign haha!) See you all next Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woops! and that was Rachel:) hehe

    ReplyDelete