Friday, November 19, 2010

Final Thoughts- Stephanie Baldwin

In what ways have you examined fundamental beliefs about diverse learners with respect to learning and teaching?
 
This book helped me see that even if I didn't grow up with the same experience as my students, I will still be able to find ways to reach out to them.

How or in what ways have you reframed your perspectives on diversity with the intent to inform future practice?
 
I think someone else may have said this also, but before reading this book I was very intimidated by urban school districts.  I could never see myself teaching in one and had no clue how I would ever relate to the students.  This book helped me see that as long as I care about the students and make an effort, it doesn't matter where I teach or what background my students have.   

No comments:

Post a Comment